An individual solution based on a tried and tested method.
Many know how to apply measuring technology. Many know how to theoretically understand a problem. The important thing is to know how to sensibly combine the two and draw the right conclusions. We at KÖTTER Consulting Engineers therefore consistently use four steps to apply experience gathered in decades:
- Identification of the problem
- Creating a concept for the individual task in coordination with the client
- Physical determination of the cause
- Design and implementation of remedies
Remedies may be part optimisations or very special solutions such as the ultrasonic or pulsation damping plate developed by KÖTTER. In any case, the implementation of the fluid-dynamic optimisation suggested by us increases safety and availability of a plant. You can hold us to this promise.
- Measurement and evaluation of fluid-induced vibrations at machines and facilities
- Flow simulation of multiple dimensions for damage analysis
- Root-Cause analysis for noticeable vibrations, e.g. on reciprocating and turbo machinery
- Enigneering measures to reduce pulsations, cavitations or pressure pulses, e.g. by pulsation damping plates in accordance with the KÖTTER principle
- Analysis and reduction of errors in gas volume measurements
- Consulting for flow control tasks, e.g. comparison and selection of suitable volume measuring equipment
- Development of special solutions, e.g. ultrasonic damping plates or transverse-mode breakers
Multi-physics measuring technology: If every detail counts, you need to be prepared in detail
Often, it is just a little detail that will lead to the great fluid-dynamic problems. The question is: which detail is decisive. We always proceed methodically to find the best answer to that question. A complex measuring set-up and sensors to measure many different physical values enable us to record all the relevant data.
We use robust and tried-and-tested measuring techniques in order to resist the rough operating conditions of industrial systems. High pressures and temperatures are rarely a problem for our special measuring technology. When necessary, we will also lay several kilometres worth of cables and install dozens of sensors. This way, we receive precisely the insight into all relevant processes of your plant that we needed to solve your problem.
Your benefits: We will live up to your expectations.
No matter what is causing the undesired vibrations in your machine or plant – one thing is certain: We will support you throughout your project and all the way to its finish, offering plenty of benefits on the way there:
- Avoiding vibration-related machine and plant downtimes
- Reduction of risks to staff, factory and environment
- Increased plant safety
- Increased availability
- Reduced costs, e.g. by precise volume measurements
- Timely implementation of practice-oriented solutions
Damages at a compensator in a flue gas duct of a desulfurization plant 284.34 KBAnalysis of damages by means of a 3D-flow simulation (CFD) ...
Strong knocking noise at a reciprocating compressor 1.24 MBMeasurement and analysis ...
Dizzy vibrations at a briquette plant in Russia 329.35 KB...
Turbine flowmeters as “perpetuum mobile”? 111.56 KB...
These customers speak a clear language: We say Thank you for your trust!
- ArcelorMittal Bremen GmbH
- AIR LIQUIDE Deutschland GmbH
- August Storck KG
- BASELL Polyolefine GmbH
- Borealis Agrolinz Melamine
- Borsig ZM Compression GmbH
- Bundeswehr / Marinearsenal
- DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG
- Dow Olefinverbund GmbH
- Fels-Werke GmbH
- GASCADE Gastransport GmbH
- INEOS Köln GmbH
- Innospec Leuna GmbH
- Intersnack Knabber-Gebäck GmbH & Co. KG
- Krytem GmbH
- K+S KALI GmbH (Werk Bergmannssegen-Hugo)
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
- Linde AG
- Meyer Werft GmbH
- NEUMAN & ESSER Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
- Nynas GmbH & Co. KG
- ONTRAS Gastransport GmbH
- Open Grid Europe GmbH
- PCK Raffinerie GmbH
- Primetals Technologies Austria GmbH
- PSE Engineering GmbH
- RWE Gasspeicher GmbH
- Sasol Germany GmbH
- ScottishPower Generation Holdings Ltd.
- SIAD Macchine Impianti
- TGE Marine
- thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions AG
- TOTAL Raffinerie Mitteldeutschland GmbH
- URACA GmbH & Co. KG
- Vattenfall Europe New Energy Ecopower GmbH
The pulsation damping plate: Enough holes in the concept make a patent.
The benchmark is not a calibrated standard: Every pulsation damping plate follows the same patented principle developed by our engineers. The actual execution, however, is always customised to the respective customer need:
- Clear reduction of gas pulsations
- High-frequency pulsation dampening at minimum pressure loss from a Venturi-like nozzle geometry
- Easy installation in existing piping systems
- Can be used for all gases
- Can be made of different materials
The ultrasonic damper panel: Profit from something that doesn’t even exist yet.
The ultrasonic damping plate is not an off-the-shelf product. It is an application principle that we developed and patented. It is produced customised for your requirements to create a unique solution with many benefits for you:
- Clear reduction of high-frequency noise
- Quick fabrication time
- Easily adapted to pipe flanges
- Reliable operation of ultrasonic meters in the vicinity of noise sources (e.g. governors)
Dipl.-Ing. Franz-Josef Düttmann
Telephone +49 5971 9710-26
Dr.-Ing. Torsten Schneider
Telephone +49 30 52 67 88-24