Many know how to apply measuring technology. Many know how to theoretically understand a problem. The important thing is to know how to sensibly combine the two and draw the right conclusions. We at KÖTTER Consulting Engineers therefore consistently use four steps to apply experience gathered in decades:
- Identification of the problem
- Creating a concept for the individual task in coordination with the client
- Physical determination of the cause
- Design and implementation of remedies
Remedies may be part optimisations or very special solutions such as the ultrasonic or pulsation damping plate developed by KÖTTER. In any case, the implementation of the fluid-dynamic optimisation suggested by us increases safety and availability of a plant. You can hold us to this promise.
- Measurement and evaluation of fluid-induced vibrations at machines and facilities
- Flow simulation of multiple dimensions for damage analysis
- Root-Cause analysis for noticeable vibrations, e.g. on reciprocating and turbo machinery
- Enigneering measures to reduce pulsations, cavitations or pressure pulses, e.g. by pulsation damping plates in accordance with the KÖTTER principle
- Analysis and reduction of errors in gas volume measurements
- Consulting for flow control tasks, e.g. comparison and selection of suitable volume measuring equipment
- Development of special solutions, e.g. ultrasonic damping plates or transverse-mode breakers
Multi-physics measuring technology: If every detail counts, you need to be prepared in detail
Often, it is just a little detail that will lead to the great fluid-dynamic problems. The question is: which detail is decisive. We always proceed methodically to find the best answer to that question. A complex measuring set-up and sensors to measure many different physical values enable us to record all the relevant data.
We use robust and tried-and-tested measuring techniques in order to resist the rough operating conditions of industrial systems. High pressures and temperatures are rarely a problem for our special measuring technology. When necessary, we will also lay several kilometres worth of cables and install dozens of sensors. This way, we receive precisely the insight into all relevant processes of your plant that we needed to solve your problem.