Our advice: Just as individual as you are.
For us, the best foundation for any wind energy project is not just set in concrete: it is based on personal and comprehensive recommendations. “Personal” means tailored to your project and its precise requirements, while “comprehensive” stands for supporting you from the planning stage right through implementation. We will provide our technical know-how and our experience when dealing with regulatory authorities to make sure that any conditions imposed are met.
- Advice on choice of equipment based on experience with different wind turbine generators and our own acoustic measurements
- Development of suggestions for noise attenuation measures
- Support during meetings with authorities
- Assessment of operating methods for acoustic optimisation
- Compilation of levels of assessment for the evaluation of different wind turbine generators or wind farms during operation.
- Organisation of workshops and seminars for professional development.
Our forecasts: sheer anticipation.
Some problems cast their shadows ahead from the outset of a wind energy project. Sometimes, they do so quite literally, e.g. where the shading caused by wind energy installations is concerned. The expected noise emissions are particularly decisive for site planning and the respective approvals, however. To keep such problems from clouding your planning stage, we perform detailed forecasts to ensure that your wind energy installations will be put in the best light and work with a noise level of unheard-of restraint.
- Site inspection and assessment from an acoustic point of view
- Expert report generation for approval procedures
- Generation of noise immission and shading forecasts for site planning and approvals
- Development of deactivation strategies when immission limits are exceeded
- Calculation of shading times at relevant immission locations and shading calendar per wind energy installation and immission point
Our measurements: Knowing where, and when, and how to.
Many people can operate and read a measuring instrument. However, it is important to know which measurements to perform when and where precisely. We consider all of this before ever switching on the measuring instrument. With this approach, we have already performed more than 1,000 emission and immission measurements on wind turbine generators and wind farms to acquire reliable insights.
- Emission measurement right at the wind turbine generator in accordance with FGW or IEC, to determine the acoustic parameters of the wind turbine generators
- Overview measurements for quick determination of the tonality in the near- and long-distance area.
- Immission measurements in the vicinity of the wind turbine generator to determine the immissions for residual buildings and immission points
Our acoustic design: Better to be best at it.
Even after decades of experience with technical acoustics and noise reduction, we are certain that there is still more for us to learn. This is why KÖTTER Consulting Engineers generally also conducts its own research. Improving our measuring equipment is only one of our targets. The focus always is on our customers’ requirements. One example is in the area of low-noise construction or optimisation of wind turbine generator parts.
- Own research and development for wind turbine generator in the area of noise- and vibration-control technology
- Assembly tests and optimisations on wind turbine generators
Your benefits: From better to best to optimal.
- You can improve the sound and vibration behaviour of your wind turbine generators.
- You will gain safety regarding authority requirements.
- You will achieve best planning safety before and after construction of your wind turbine generators.
- You can optimally use noise and revenue contingents.
- Optimisation of module optimisation will increase longevity.
Our offers: Transparent instead of obscure.
Just as we uncover apparent weaknesses in a wind energy project, we handle our offers openly and honestly as well. Because we give transparency a lot of space, an offer can cover several pages. It may seem scary at first, but all in all it may convince you.
Our references: Know-how for the who’s who.
It can only be good for you when others talk about us. In particular if they are project planners or leading manufacturers of wind turbine generators with whom we are already trustingly cooperating.
We carried out acoustic measurements at 80 different WTG types with an installed power of 600 W up to 7.5 MW. Our customers benefit from this experience. The following reference customers are only some examples:
- ABO Wind AG
- Availon GmbH
- BayWa r.e
- Enercon GmbH
- GE Wind Energy GmbH
- Green City Energy
- juwi AG
- Nordex Energy GmbH
- Ostwind AG
- Senvion SE
- Vestas Deutschland GmbH
- wpd AG
Dipl.-Ing. Oliver Bunk
Telephone +49 5971 9710-31